Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Smokey Glitter; Subtle or Dramatic?

These are from 2 different weekends but I wanted to do a glittery cut crease & a subtle glitter clubbing look. I used the same Sleek Palette- my go to, dramatic-smokey-eye look Bad Girl in both looks with Glitter by Nyx. These are definitely way too OTT for during the day but perfect for an eye-catching night look.

 


Silver Glitter & Blue Dramatic Cut-Crease

Bad lighting in this look, my skin looks terrible :/. I think having the flu that week would have something to do with it, too. But I just remembered, the Fiancee has a horrible bluish tinged light, yuck!

Products
Face : (In both) Australis Paparazzi Perfect Foundation
MAC Peachykeen
Lips: Covergirl lip perfection l/s in Kiss
Eyes: Firstly I applied The Face Shop Dual Eye Colour in 'Silver' to the eyelid, and cut into the crease with Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Black Bean' and also on the lower lash line & waterline. On the lid I applied the lightest grey 'Blade' from my Sleek Bad Girl. Over Black Bean I placed 'Abyss' from Bad Girl & blended with 'Obnoxious' (both blues, the darkest first) coming as far into the inner corner as I liked. I also applied some 'Noir' right into the crease for further definition. I applied these in the same order on the lower lash line. Also highlight with 'Innocence' (shimmery white)
Now again on the lid I applied Nyx Candy Glitter Liner in Disco Ball all over, setting with the Nyx glitter in silver (loose glitter pigment).
I applied my eyeliner - Maybelline Master Precise & slightly winged it up, mascara & falsies & I'm done.

Click Love on Makeupgeek if you'd like :)
Smokey Purple, Subtle Glitter
'Goofy Smile Alert!!!'

Face: Foundation as above, Blush: MAC Dollymix
Contouring: Coastal scents 15 concealer (dark shades) ,Nude by Nature Eye Definition loose powder.
Lips: (new fave combo!) Nyx Harmonica & Australis Boogie Woogie. (Harmonica is too frosty on it's own so these L/S are a perfect pair!)

Eyes: After primer apply Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Slate' to the eyelid. Blend up slightly into crease. Apply 'Gun Metal' from Sleek Bad Girl (medium shimmery gray) on top, blending out. Apply 'Twilight' to the crease & blend out with 'Rebel' (both purples again from Bad Girl), do the same on the lower lash line & blend with a skin-toned coloured eyeshadow. Take Nyx Candy Glitter Liner in 'Disco Queen' on top of Gun Metal and then to set apply Fyrinnae loose eyeshadow in Immortal. {{As the shades on the lid are verry similar you will only catch a glimpse of the glitter which can make your eyes look more sparkly when they hit the lights at a flattering angle.}}
Apply your fave black eyeliner to the waterline & lash line, add mascara & falsies to complete the look.

Love this look on Makeupgeek if you would like :)
"Iz smiling coz you got this far :D"
I hope this was useful & that you enjoyed reading this post. Let me know if you like the way I explained how I did it or if it's too complicated w/o step-by-step's. That way I can just list the products on their own.

Thanks for looking <3 <3
How do you like to wear glitter?

14 comments:

  1. The smokey purple looks absolutely amazing! You're too talented missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that second one with the purple, I think it suits you and I just like those colors and that style of smokey eye. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Meredith. Glad to see you back!

      Delete
  3. I love these looks! I need to try them out because I've been trying new looks with my Bad Girl palette for when I go out on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Ooh yay glad I could help, I think it is an awesome palette for clubbing.

      Delete
  4. Wow I love the first one it looks amazing, great job! I dont use glitter anymore but I'd love to do that one, but I am not so talented! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe! I do not know where I pulled that one from haha, whenever I do something like this I go ehh it's going to look so bad but once the eyeliner & mascara is on it makes all the difference :D

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful the both of them! Great work!!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are great ! btw, do you fill in your eyebrows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris :) Yes I do, but it doesn't look like it here, doesn't it? Lately I have been doing it stronger and defining them, though :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! If you are a new follower please leave me your link, so I can reply & follow if I like your blog. I love finding new blogs but please don't ask to follow 4 follow. <3