Thursday, October 4, 2012

JooMoo Face Wash Review



 JooMoo is a "Revolutionary new skincare company" that is targeted for young teenagers (ages 14-24) with skin problems, namely acne, oily-ness & allergies, which was created after trying to create a solution after developing a skin allergy that seemed untreatable. They wanted to develop an effective natural face wash & discovered that the skin needs to be cleaned & restored back to it's natural environment in order to prevent & cure most skin diseases. JooMoo was launched in June 2012 in the UK.

 
The Product
Packaging: This is in a nice squeeze-y tube that makes it easy to control how much product you need. The design on the packaging itself is colourful & creative & appealing to teenagers. It claims on the front: 100% Truly Natural. Prevent spotty, sore & inflamed skin. And Exclusively for young, sensitive skin.
Product: A foaming gel that would require oil-flow in the skin as it feels like it helps take away some of the oily-ness to balance the skin. It smells strongly of cinnamon as it has a lot of cinnamon-related properties in the ingredients. It is a nice, refreshing smell that lingers on the skin afterwards, and you can even smell it through the bottle!
Ingredients:  The main ingredients are Aqua, Saccharum Officinarum (unrefined sugar) Extract, Sea Salt (good for reducing oil-flow) Honey (anti-inflammation properties), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange- Vit. C that is good for pigmentation )..... and at the end are a few different ones involving cinnamomum (cinnamon, hence the fragrance). It also has one with Cassia which is a Chinese cinnamon that is known to help flush out redness by creating a false heat. As this is all natural with no preservatives you can expect it to slightly change colour which is normal. However it does have a best before date on it but it should be fine to use after.

 My Thoughts
 I have to agree with the philosophy of JooMoo that skincare products need to restore the natural environment of the skin in order to cure the problems . My skin still gets the occasional pimple
& I have a bit of redness so I thought this product would be good for me, however as I have no oil-flow it made my skin feel tight & extremely dry, so I couldn't use it over a long enough period to test it out properly. However I will pass it on to someone that I think it would benefit. I have found this review here with different opinions & more information if you wish to check it out (N/A)
Check out their website here. The price of this face wash is aprox. AU$7.40 (bargain! for 100ml).

Sorry for all the words but thanks for reading if you did. I cannot recommend this product based on my experiences with having dry skin but if you are interested please read the other review I posted above to see if it would suit you.

*Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by the company with intention to review. This has not affected my review in any way, all thoughts & opinions are 100% my own. Information derived from what was sent to me and also some from my training for my course :D*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! If you are a new follower please leave me your link, so I can reply & follow if I like your blog. I love finding new blogs but please don't ask to follow 4 follow. <3