Friday, April 26, 2013

Rebel With A Cause

 I hope everybody had a lovely ANZACS day yesterday, well to those who celebrated. It has started to feel like summer again, which I will appreciate before winter comes! Ugh some "bad" news, I have started to develop a sty underneath my eye, I'm going to avoid makeup in that area but hope it goes away soon!

So I've had MAC's Rebel for a while now and I've used it a couple of times but nothing that I've really felt the urge to post. It's also a colour I've found hard to use, thanks for accidental over lip lining. I've found one way that I really like to wear it, as a stain, and I would really like to start wearing it more frequently in the cooler months.

Stained

~Products
Face: Rimmel Wake Me Up & Bourjois Healthy Mix
Nars Laguna Bronzer, MAC CCB Pearl MAC Lightscapade
Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink
Eyes: MAC Painterly
All eyeshadow by Inglot unless otherwise noted:
P 420- Lid
UD Buck- Crease
DS 460-Outer V
P 439 - Lower Lash Line
BYS Cream Eyeliner
Lips: MAC Rebel

 I really like Rebel as a stain and I think it makes it look like a complete different product. It is also way more low maintenance and I don't have to worry about getting it on my teeth/ face haha.

Heavier

~Products
Face: The same foundation/ contour & highlight combo as above
MAC Blush in Her Blooming Cheek
Eyes: MAC Painterly
All shadows by Stila in the light: Kitten- lid
Bliss- Crease
Sandstone-Outer V
Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner
Lips:  MAC Rebel

I think I do need to outline just outside my lips as they make them look too small in proportion to my face... but it is so easy to over do it! As you can see in the example below.
Also I really like this blush/ lip combo for something more dramatic... I think they are both in the same colour family so they compliment each other without being OTT. Also, I think it sort of matches my hair!

To line or not to line?

Face: Same bronzer & highlighter as before, blush is Bourjois blush pot in #16 (I think, I can't quite remember! Ahh)
Eyes: MAC Painterly paint pot
Mary Kate & Ashley xall over shimmer in honey-light sandy colour, first inner of lid
Inglot 460 D.S- rest of lid
" "      465 D.S- Dark Brown, outer half of lid & crease
Bourjois Eyeliner
Lips: Nyx Lip Liner in Bloom, Guess the lip colour :P -
 Ignore the bad lip-lining! Now my lips look waay too big & fake, dontcha think? I need to find the fine line between too little & too much!

Do you have this colour? How would you wear it?
xx

27 comments:

  1. I love both the looks you've created. You are gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo not trying to be rude or judge mental but the last pic with the lining makes you look like so so much older. I love the top ones though, you did Beautifully cause I never pulled off rebel I had to give it away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind looking older sometimes because I always get mistaken for younger anyway, hehe. I don't generally do my lips like that, though! Thanks huni xx

      Delete
  3. It looks beautiful both ways! Rebel is one of my all time favourite lipsticks and I prefer to wear it heavily. I had bought Vino liner to go with it but I find it doesn't need liner at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look really pretty with Rebel! I agree, it's so easy to over-line your lips. Honestly, I just followed my natural lip line, not a smidgen more or less. However, if you want to try out slightly bigger lips, maybe you should "blank out" your entire lip area with concealer or a light layer of foundation before you start penciling in the the lip liner? (You've probably tried that trick before, but I had to put it there :P) - I feel for you, ugh. I have the oiliest lids and skin on earth and for the last.. six months-ish, I have had this white bump on my right under eye area, a "milia". It just came off yesterday! After all that aggravation! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling, I have tried it before but I find that it is still obvious! But I've started experimenting with a mauve/ nude lip liner after I've applied the lip colour to slightly change the shape and it looks a lot more natural. Aww milia sucks, I think my sty is ok it's just been really itchy though, and hasn't gone red, yet! xx

      Delete
  5. Your complexion looks so radiant! Gorgeous skin and love your eye makeup! Those are the colors I normally wear for my everyday makeup :)xx

    Grace

    @ Grace of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely. I would probably wear it as a stain but only because my lips are so thin, it'd probably make them look even thinner.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a hard thing about thin lips, I've made a few girls lips look bigger with a bit of lip liner and gloss but it freaks them out because they are not used to it! xx

      Delete
  7. Love the FOTD Ashii, the lippy looks gorgeous on u .. I like you better without the line, and love the blush and the lip combo too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks huni... trust me I like it without the heavy lip liner too, lol.xx

      Delete
  8. I love my Rebel lipstick! I find that I prefer mine to be applied heavier as my skin tone suits more dark colours. But both look gorgeous on you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess Rebel would look amazing with your skin tone! I do like how this has a 1920's look on me, though. xx

      Delete
  9. love the shade of this lipstick

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous!!! I love a heavier application of Rebel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so beautiful! both looks are amazing! I'd love it if you dropped by to my blog and if you like it maybe we could follow each other??
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this colour really suits your hair :) I like the second picture's application the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! Well it almost matched it completely before I dyed it haha. I do too except I think it needs a bit of something... maybe a neutral lip liner. xx

      Delete
  13. I like the lipstick both ways, lined or not lined! I guess it depends on the look you want to go for. Yet again, your face always looks so flawless and glowy! I'm loving the eye makeup too, it looks gorgeous. I hope your sty gets better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. like this lipstik! :)


    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it looks good on you <3 love rebel too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rebel looks gorgeous on you. I think it looks gorgeous on pretty much everyone. I haven't reached for mine in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm I totally know what you mean about Rebel! I tried to put it on with my makeup yesterday and it just wasn't happening for me. I love the idea of wearing it as a stain, maybe I'll do that next time! Honestly I think the over-lined lips doesn't look bad at all in your photo but when I do it I feel like it's too much too! But in the photo it looks fine!

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really do love both looks, the wash of lilac on your lids on the first is very refreshing and I'm applauding your second heavy neutral look! Rebel is fabulous on you, such a strong and yet pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! If you are a new follower please leave me your link, so I can reply & follow if I like your blog. I love finding new blogs but please don't ask to follow 4 follow. <3